State Associations for Court Reporters (Texas - Washington)
Texas Court Reporters Association (TCRA)
The TCRA is dedicated to court reporting advocacy, education, and service across Texas state. Its membership process starts by visiting the association's website and selecting your membership type. You must also download and fill in the membership application and the Automatic Draft for Membership forms. Once you become a member, you receive the support and benefits highlighted below.
TCRA Member Benefits
- Two annual seminars on the latest developments and equipment related to stenographic reporting globally and locally.
- An annual convention for all members for educational programs, networking, and fun. In these conventions and seminars, you openly discuss your profession and learn from one another. Besides, you meet influential leaders in civil society, the government, and the court reporting profession.
- Members are added to the membership directory with their credentials and location. This makes it easy to land court report jobs near you and connect with colleagues.
- TCRA members enjoy up to 83% discount on shipping services from Yellow Roadway Corporation (YRC).
- 60% discount on movies and theme parks tickets from Ticket Deals.
- 33% discount on business and personal rentals from Avis/Budget company.
- 20% discount on ADP payroll services.
- TCRA offers a 60% discount on hotel expenses during personal or business travels.
- TCRA members receives access to fast, reliable, and comprehensive background checks from SterlingNOW.
- Up to 80% discount on all office essentials you acquire from Office Depot.
- The USPAY also sets the credit card processing rates for all TCRA members below 1%.
- TCRA members enjoy discounted online accounting services on AccountingDepartment.com.
- 4imprint company also offers TCRA members a 10% discount on all promotional products.
- RX Discount Card offers TCRA members a $75 discount on prescriptions not covered by insurance.
- TCRA members enjoy a 15% discount on all gifts from the 1-800 Flowers family of brands.
- Besides the exclusive discounts, TCRA members access vital resources such as publications, PowerPoint presentations, and webinars with educational tips and updates about the court reporting profession.
Utah Court Reporters Association (UCRA)
UCRA is an association that brings together court reporters and students to enhance their skills and proficiency in the industry. The association focuses on these professionals and students because courts in the state depend on them to preserve spoken word into written transcripts.
UCRA Member Benefits
- The association offers its members a wide range of insurance coverage, including health, disability, and liability insurance programs.
- Plenty of resources on offer to students, including scholarships to enhance their exposure to educational opportunities.
- The membership directory that UCRA produces enables members to increase their exposure and, therefore, their career possibilities.
- Timely job postings are delivered to members through newsletters to increase their employability.
- After registration and membership, convention attendance discounts are available to students and new members.
- Utah Court Reporters Association features a member's only Facebook group where they post valuable information, notifications, and offers.
Virginia Court Reporters Association (VCRA)
VCRA seeks to protect and enhance stenographic reporters across the Virginia state by promoting education, advocacy, and building community. So, if you're a court reporter in Virginia, joining the VCRA will be rewarding.
VCRA Member Benefits
- So, if you're a Virginia court reporter, joining VCRA makes you part of a full-time lobbyist association that protects and promotes the interest of Virginia court reporters.
- You'll receive classifieds for job opportunities and the latest technology.
- VCRA also liaises with friendly Liability Insurance Programs for Virginia legal experts, Stenographers, and court reporters.
- VCRA has the unique "Directory" section that grants members the independence and ability to find matching work. The resource has eliminated the stress experienced when trying to connect with the most suitable client.
- Becoming a member means you qualify for a discounted registration fee for VCRA annual conventions where you network with peers and friends.
- VCRA is a platform for members to schedule and complete RDR, RMR, and RPR examinations.
Vermont Court Reporters Association (VCRA)
As the representative of the reporting profession in the state of Vermont, VCRA seeks to lead and protect court reporters by handling unmatched technicalities involved in the stenographic profession. Therefore, members should feel assured of protection and promotion in all political or legal issues they may face.
VCRA Member Benefits
- VCRA is an affiliate of NCRA and ensures members are well-versed with the guidelines and ethical standards set by the associations.
- By joining the VCRA, you give it a bigger voice to monitor and lobby legislation that favors your profession and career.
- VCRA has a Jobs section where members can view and take available matching jobs as soon as they are posted.
- VCRA offers continuous education seminars for CE accreditation and professional enhancements for a high NCRA status. The workshops provide an ultimate opportunity to test the latest technology in the court reporting profession and learn from influential leaders in the profession, the government, and civil society.
- Members are free to use the VCRA logo.
- As a member, you'll access ads and classifieds for the latest developments, technological equipment, and available employment offers.
- VCRA also runs a social insurance program for Vermont legal experts, Stenographers, and court reporters.
- Freelance members at VCRA have the special "Reporter" section that connects them with the best court reporter or client.
Washington Court Reporters Association (WCRA)
WCRA's main aim is to protect, support, and enhance stenographic reporters across Washington state. It seeks to achieve this by continuing education, building community, and advocating.
WCRA Member Benefits
- Joining WCRA would keep you informed on any developments related to your profession.
- The WCRA members' list would expose you to available career or training opportunities.
- WCRA is very active in political advocacy, taking an interest in any national or local issues affecting court reporters in Washington.
- WCRA serves as a networking platform for all certified court reporters in the state.